Etna excursion - Summit craters
Climb to the top of Etna,the biggest active volcano in Europe! Walk through lava fields, admire the landscape that surrounds you and get excited at every step!
- Trekking boots
- Cable car and 4x4 bus tickets
- packed lunch and water
- Cable car and 4x4 bus 50€ per person
- Meeting point at Ashàra info point in Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza (Etna South) and after pre-departure preparations and a briefing, our adventure will begin: an amazing trekking on Mount Etna
- With cable car and 4x4 buses we will reach 2900mt and from here in about 2 hours of walking between lava flows and spots with a lunar aspect, we will reach Summit craters ofEtna. We will stop at the top of the edges of the Central Crater and cross the large crater terrace observing the peculiarity of the other summit craters around. During the descent we will visit the Barbagallo craters and we will go inside a lava flow channel.
- Again at 2500mt with the Etna cable car we will return to the starting point.
- Trekking aimed for trained hikers used to walk on sandy or detrital ground, where there may be no paths and where the paths can sometimes have exposed sections
- It's good to know your health conditions and make discuss with the guide, especially in cases of heart problems, asthma and dizziness.
- At the discretion of the guide, the excursions may undergo variations or be interrupted if the weather conditions, causes of an environmental nature, or any volcanic risk, may represent any source of danger.
Bring your heart to the highest active volcano in Europe (Etna) or let yourself be captivated by the magic of Stromboli: the lighthouse of the Tyrrhenian sea.
Contact us and book now your next hike on Etna or Stromboli.
Ashàra will guide your steps
We had a fantastic experience with Ashara Volcanological Guides during our entire hiking tour. Our guide Massimo was one of the best guides that I’ve ever had.
Escursione a dir poco emozionante e carica di adrenalina! La guida vulcanologica che ci ha accompagnati (Massimo F.), è preparatissima.
We had an extremely good hiking experience, the guide gave us a lot of information and answered all our questions in a very detailed way. The visit to the central crater was an experience that I really suggest to do. The landscape is truly beautiful.