Climb to the top of Etna, the biggest active volcano in Europe!
Walk through lava fields, admire the landscape around you, and get excited at every step!
- Trekking shoes
- Cable car and Bus 4x4’s tickets
- Food and water
- Cable car and Bus 4x4 (additional 50€)
- Meeting with our guides at the Ashàra’s Info point and after pre-departure preparations and a briefing, our adventure will begin.
- By cable car and 4x4 bus, we will reach 2900 m asl, and from here in about 2 hours of walking between lava flows e environments with a lunar aspect, we will reach the summit craters.
- During the descent, we will visit important craters of old eruptions and we will cross a channel of lava flow. Reaching 2500 m above sea level with the help of the cable car we will return to the starting point.
Adequate equipment will make the excursion even more comfortable and safe. In addition to the equipment included in the price of the various excursions, here's what our hiker needs:
- Medium / long socks
- Long pants
- T-shirt + a spare
- Wind jacket
- Sun Cream
- Backpack with 1 or 2 liters of water
- Snack and packed lunch / dinner
- Trekking is meant for hikers with average training and prepared to walk on sandy or detrital ground, where paths could be inexistent and/or have exposed sections.
- It is recommended to perfectly know your health conditions and make the guide aware, especially in cases of any heart condition, asthma, and dizziness.
- A guide’s discretion, excursions may be subject to variations or a complete stop if weather conditions / environmental nature causes / any volcanic risk, may represent any kind of danger.
What they say about us
We had a fantastic experience with Ashara Volcanological Guides during our entire hiking tour. Our guide Massimo was one of the best guides that I’ve ever had.
Escursione a dir poco emozionante e carica di adrenalina! La guida vulcanologica che ci ha accompagnati (Massimo F.), è preparatissima.
We had an extremely good hiking experience, the guide gave us a lot of information and answered all our questions in a very detailed way. The visit to the central crater was an experience that I really suggest to do. The landscape is truly beautiful.
BOOK NOW YOUR EXCURSION
Take your heart to the highest active volcano in Europe (Etna) or let yourself be captivated by the magic of Stromboli: the lighthouse of the Mediterranean Sea. Contact us and book your next adventure now. Ashara will guide you step by step!