Etna Volcano awaits you with Ashàra for the bivouac under the stars
A night out of the ordinary! An unforgettable experience that you will remember for a lifetime, spending a night on Volcano Etna between stars and lapilli. Enjoy the silence of a desert volcano when you wake up.
- Trekking shoes
- Mattresses and sleeping bags
- Dinner and breakfast
- Cable car one way ticket
Cable car one way (additional 24€)
- Meeting with our guides at the Ashàra’s Info Point and after pre-departure preparations and a the briefing, our adventure will begin.
- By cable car, we will reach 2500 m asl from where will begin the trek that will lead us to the place where we will set up the bivouac between lava fields and volcanic ash dunes. Waiting for the magnificent colors of the sunset we will have a typical dinner and we could admire a suggestive starry sky before going to sleep.
- At the first light of dawn, the sunrise will warm us during breakfast, we will then leave for the direction of the summit craters appreciating the solitude gave by being the first-ever on the volcano. The day will be a succession of discoveries and emotions immersed in an environment of beauty wild and primordial. We will return to the point of departure entirely on foot.
Adequate equipment will make the excursion even more comfortable and safe. In addition to the equipment included in the price of the various excursions, here's what our hiker needs:
- Medium / long socks
- Long pants
- T-shirt + a spare
- Wind jacket
- Sun Cream
- Big backpack with 1 or 2 liters of water
- Snack and packed lunch / dinner
- Trekking is meant for hikers with average training and prepared to walk on sandy or detrital ground, where paths could be inexistent and/or have exposed sections.
- It is recommended to perfectly know your health conditions and make the guide aware, especially in cases of any heart condition, asthma, and dizziness.
- A guide’s discretion, excursions may be subject to variations or a complete stop if weather conditions / environmental nature causes / any volcanic risk, may represent any kind of danger.
Quest’estate ho vissuto insieme alle mie sorelle l’esperienza del Bivacco in quota con Ashara Volcanological Guides…
Deux jours de trekking du versant sud au versant nord en passant par les cratères sommitaux à 3´330 m et une nuit dans un refuge sommaire à 2’800 m nous ont permis de découvrir l’Etna en dehors des sentiers touristiques accompagnés par un guide vulcanologue très professionnel qui nous transmis son amour de ce volcan unique avec passion, un grand merci à Massimo.